cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New message system - No date displayed?

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 9

I'm using the new messaging system and have just noticed that although there's a display of the time messages were received/sent - I can't see a date.

Am I missing something? Surely there should be a date display with each message?

I'll be amazed if displaying the date of a message has been omitted by the message system developers.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 9

yes the day is displayed at the top of the message window underneath the menu bar. As you scroll through your messages you will see what day they were sent. 

Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 9

Hi Lena,

I can't see the date. I'm using Chrome on iMac. Can you send a screenshot please?

EDITED shortly after sent:

I see it now. But only after reducing the window size down to smallest font size and then increasing it again. - It partially appears.

So... it's not displaying properly if you're using Chrome on iMac. ie - the developers haven't de-bugged it properly.

I'll inform  support - they might fix it eventually.

Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
4 of 9

@Chris M wrote:

I'll inform  support - they might fix it eventually.

Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
5 of 9

It only cuts off on the ones that say yesterday for me, the rest works fine.

msges.JPG

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
6 of 9

I just found out you can switch back to the old message system but I'm currently faced with looking for this one unread message.

BRB.

Community Guru
7 of 9

@Robert James R wrote:

I just found out you can switch back to the old message system but I'm currently faced with looking for this one unread message.

BRB.

I too found out recently you can switch back - it's in the Message settings menu. I'm trying the new message system to get used to it. I could be wrong but I think the option to use the old messaging system will be phased out in the coming weeks/months.

If someone can confirm that the messaging system will always be optional then I'll switch back to the old one.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
8 of 9
I did switch back again a few days ago and I can't advise it. No Attachments are being delivered - 'the team' is looking into this issue.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
9 of 9

I have to say I used the new messaging system extensively over the last few days, and it's not bad. It was cool to be able to chat to my freelancer in real time without having to add him on Skype. I also received notifications in real time so if they are able to maintain this level of functionality, and ensure that the notifications come through reliably, I have no complaints.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS