🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New scam - *Edited*
Page options
romytokic
Community Member

New scam - *Edited*

Hi people,

Be careful with some jobs that sent you a private message saying that you should text **Edited for Community Guidelines** in telegram, this guy after sending the message canceled the project on Upwork, and it was totally weird, so I decided to check it out, and yes, this is a scam, they pretend you to work for a company that doesn't exist and use a fake cryptocurrency exchange with you.

This is the original message on Upwork and what I found about them:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Don't trust this kind of message!

5 REPLIES 5
the-right-writer
Community Member

You would not have encountered this scam, if you had told the client you would not go off the platform because it violates the Terms of Service, you don't want to lose your Upwork account, or lose all the money because this is a scam.

Use the Academy link at the top of the page to learn how to use the platform.

a2b17d4d
Community Member

thanks Romy, I saw that very message last night and seemed a little suspect.

75e3bd2d
Community Member

Hello, I received a similar proposal on Behance, which I rejected!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

is this real scam because they send me contract agreement ? what should i do ?

Is this an Upwork client, and do you have an Upwork contract?

If you agreed to work with someone on Telegram, or any other way besides Upwork, it is a violation of the Terms of Service and can cost you your account permanently.

If the contract is outside of Upwork, refuse it, tell the client you can work together through Upwork. Expect the client to disappear, because it's a scam. Report it to Upwork, and explain you are going to read the rules and follow them.

Because you are new and have an incomplete profile, you are only going to find scams. Read this post, follow every link, and pay special attention to the Terms of Service and the Red Flags on Scams from Wes.

Your portfolio must be excellent to deter scammers and attract clients. Use the resources in the post to complete and correct it. Your first sentence is all the clients see in a search of profiles. Use it to tell the client why you are a better choice, backed up by hard skills. Don't use names, greetings, or skills because it's a waste. The client sees all that information on the rest of your profile.

You have to protect yourself, because no one, including Upwork, will do it for you. Be safe.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members