🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No Acknowledgement from Employer
Page options
frankenstine7
Community Member

No Acknowledgement from Employer

I want to know why even after applying to a job I dont hear from clients.being an indian 1$ means 70Inr. I invest it to buy connects and apply to job i Have relevant skill set and Experience too. but after meeting all the terms I dont get project but A message comes out in a month or two that a job you applied has been closed.I want that atleast our client come and give some feedback that we are fit or unfit.because it take a lot of investment,patience and hope but what we get in return doesn't fullfils the wait and its more demotivating. It's my humble request. I have applied for 20-30 different projects in 4 5 month but got only 2 3 tasks. I believe in upwork like many other freelancers do. I hope some measure will be taken that an employer should acknowledge.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Shivendra R wrote:

I want that atleast our client come and give some feedback 

Clients often get dozens of proposals. It is not rational to expect them to read them all, let alone write individual responses to each. Clients come to Upwork to save time, not to waste it.

Imagine a client has 3 open job posts with 30 to 50 applicants each. Do you really think the client should be forced to read them all and reply to them all? 

mcpilot
Community Member

I was going to say this same thing. As a sometimes client, I will often receive dozens of proposals. There is no practical way on earth I can review every single profile and provide feedback to every single applicant. 

The client reviews your proposal, shortlists the possible winner of the contract and then selects a winner. the remaining unsuccessful applicants move on. 

If you're not being awarded contracts, there are a few things to do: 

1. Be patient and continue to apply for jobs

2. Consider your proposals.  Are they specific to the task or a copy/paste of a general introduction? 

3. Review the profiles of several highly successful freelancers and compare how yours is constructed. For example, your profile begins with "Hi, There" which is already grammatically awkward. If a potential client reviews this and this is the first thing they see, they may move on. 

4. See #1, above. 

Best of luck. 

what about our wait and not days but months getting wasted including the cost of connects,what about the hope we lose.I only request upwork to find some appropriate solutions.there can be limitations to accept proposal if the clients time is much important.then scruinting skillset will be a lot more easier.

Clients don't owe you anything - other than payment for work you have both agreed to.

The best method is to fire and forget; fretting about connects won't achieve anything. Upwork are unlikely to make any changes that mean more work for clients, and neither should they do, so it's best to work with the system because the system is not going to change for you (or I). 

In the meantime, there is a lot of information available on improving your profile and applying for jobs etc. 

Shivendra R wrote:

what about our wait and not days but months getting wasted including the cost of connects,what about the hope we lose.

What about it?

You are running a freelancing business. Upwork offers you a platform where you get access to clients who post jobs. The rest is up to you´. Upwork is not there to hold your hand and certainly not to inconvenience clients and make them abandon the platform by creating hassle for them.

If you can't get hired, your profile isn't good enough (it is weak) or your proposals do not inspire the client. Don't expect clients to do YOUR work for you. It's the other way around. 

Improve your profile, research, learn, create a fabulous portfolio, learn how to write compelling proposals.... that's the way to get ahead on Upwork, not by asking for clients to be put to work for you...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members