cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No client history in direct offers

Highlighted
Egor P Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
31 of 40

It's second time I've got direct offer from a client. No job posted, no invitation. Just offer with some description popped up in my 'messages'. I can discuss the job, accept the offer or decline it, that's all.

I want to see this client profile/history. How can I do that?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 40

Hi Egor,

Unfortunately, at this point there is no way to view client info on direct offers at the moment. It's something that we are planning to improve in the future. Feel free to send a ticket to customer support or a private message to me here in the Community with the link to the offer and we'll be able to provide more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
33 of 40

@Valeria K wrote:

It's something that we are planning to improve in the future. 

Valeria, when you say in the future, is this a geological timescale or is there any hope that we may see this happen during our lifetime?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
34 of 40

We understand that this is a much anticipated update, Rene, however, we don't have any ETA yet.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
35 of 40

Valeria, I in no way mean any slight to the mods (you guys are great), but this can't be fixed when it's been a known issue for months, yet we get profile maps no one wants and a revamped Community that didn't function properly and compromised user names on the larger internet? At some point I've got to cry foul. So... foul, I guess. 

Putting it in terms that make sense to Upwork higher ups: I, as a top rated, high-earning freelancer will never accept an offer from a client before being able to see the client's history and feedback. It would be bad for my business. I have a high % of long-term clients - the types of relationships that are the most profitable for Upwork - so, the likelihood is rather favorable that I could have converted that declined offer into a long-term client. Without this fix Upwork stands to lose revenue from freelancers like me. 

That's putting it starkly, but it's reasonable. 

Highlighted
Ivan P Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
36 of 40

Ok, help me out here please.

Maybe little off topic, but I didn't want to open a new thread just for this.

So, I get an invitee for a job. There is no job posting, just an offer to me. How can I check clients feedback? So, lets assume he didn't do any hiring on Upwork yet. Can I at least check if he verified his payment?

All I can see atm is offer (ok, he did explain what he want) that I can accept or decline. I have no idea with whom I would do business with.

I don't mind new people offering me work, but would be nice if I could actually have a little idea with whom will I work here (payment verification to start with).

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
37 of 40

Hi Ivan, 

The Customer Support Team can share more information about this client to you through an email. I've asked the team to reach out to you and an agent should reach out to you soon. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Salustiano A Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
38 of 40

This customer did poorly for me on the Second  job we did together. He’s evidently gone round with other freelancers and is now extending me an Offer (Not an Invitation) and I cannot see his History to confirm Other freelancers’ experiences. 

Not going to risk a bad review when ratings for a $50 contract weighs the same as the rating for a $1k job.

nino

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Andrew H Member Since: Dec 20, 2015
39 of 40

Eh, not always the case.  Sometimes you can click to the original job and review the client's history, and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes on the right, lower screen it says something to the effect: "See original job post."  and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm curious about that.  Can client/buyer opt out of allowing the original job post from being accessed?  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
40 of 40

Hi Andrew,

Clients have the option of posting private jobs which then cannot be publicly accessed.

~Nina
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS