🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » No vat eu on my invoices
Page options
piotrpog
Community Member

No vat eu on my invoices

Hi,

i a eu citizen and i have vat eu number. I entred this number under tax information/ tax identification number  in upwork settings. But this number does not show up on my invoices. Invoice only shows my name and address.

Can old invoices be changed so they show this number?

How do i set upwork so number shows up on new invoices?

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please add your VAT number to this section in your Tax Information settings. Once added, please check your next invoice. 

759e32fa_0-1704913673398.png

~ AJ
Upwork

I also noticed that on the invocie tehre is my personal name instead of name of my businedd. Where do i add name of business in settings? In " Taxpayer identification ", do i add name of business instead personal name and surname, like it is right now?

Hi Piotr,

Upwork will display the freelancer’s profile and verified names on invoices. However, if you have a company that you would like to show on the invoices, you can add it in Settings > Tax Information then click the pen icon in the Taxpayer identification section and enter the company name in the Legal Name of Taxpayer field. It will then appear as the Business Name in your invoices.

- Pradeep

Upwork

In that case, what sneed to be set in Federal tax classification field?  Right now it is "individual". My company is one operson company - i am owner and only worker. Can it stay 'individual"?

Second question, can old invoices be updated with this changed data?

Hi Piotr,

We can't specify which Tax Classification you need to choose. You should consult a local tax advisor before filling out a Form W-8BEN.

Additionally, old invoices will not update with the changed data. Invoices reflect the information on the account at the time they are generated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members