🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not Getting Paid Correct Amount
Page options
jtczahur
Community Member

Not Getting Paid Correct Amount

Hello,

I was supposed to get paid a few hundred dollars, even my invoice says so.  But only $5 was available to be released.  I have an email saying the payment of the hundreds was initiated into my bank before I even released them.  I have no idea where that money is.  Please, help!

Jen

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Jen C wrote:

I have an email saying the payment of the hundreds was initiated into my bank before I even released them.  I have no idea where that money is. 

It is on its way to your designated withdrawal method which you set up when you created the automatic scheduled withdrawal. There is a $5 balance because you set a reserve to be retained for buying connects etc.

So today the system did what you asked it to do: Withdraw the available money except for the $5-

jtczahur
Community Member

I don’t think you understand. Only $5 was available to withdraw. I got paid $5 today. The rest of the money is missing.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

Looks like you had two withdrawals initiated today. One part of the funds was sent to your bank account and the second one was initiated as an instant payment. You can check this under your Transaction History.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jtczahur
Community Member

I appreciate your help! How long does it take to get the money sent to my bank? And am I not supposed to do the whole “get paid” thing for all money sent to me? Because I didn’t for the larger sun sent to my bank.
tlbp
Community Member

Here are the instructions for changing your automatic withdrawal schedule
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063708-Automatic-Payment-Schedule

petra_r
Community Member

Jen C wrote:
I don’t think you understand. Only $5 was available to withdraw. I got paid $5 today. The rest of the money is missing.

Nothing is "missing"

The majority was sent automatically as per the the schedule you yourself set up.

The rest was manually withdrawn.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members