🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting any invites
Page options
nehaagarwal12
Community Member

Not getting any invites

Hi team Upwork, 

I used to receieve a lot of invites for jobs earlier either from hiring companies themselves or even from upwork team trying to match me with requirements. I was away for a bit in between but not am back and active. I updated availabiliy badge too (it did nothing and is expensive), its a ghost town now. What could the reasons behind this? What do I need to do differently? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the drop in the invites. Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow. Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:

• Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the drop in the invites. Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow. Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:

• Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members