🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Offers not acceptable !!!
Page options
anouarlouardighi
Community Member

Offers not acceptable !!!

Hello everyone,

I can't understand why Upwork does not check the offers published on their marketplace, here is an example of an office that I see it is disrespectful rather illogical, how do you want a SAAS application with a budget of 10$ .

I see this is a scam. or a Freelancer that he got the project with +1000$ and need another freelancer with 10$ !!!!

Please we need a solution with like this offre!

anouarlouardighi_0-1682587162682.png

13 REPLIES 13
spectralua
Community Member

Many FLs applied there?

Upwork don't care about. Connects spending then it is great.

Hello Mykola,

Always less than 5 proposals.

Really it is necessary to be vegilant with these subjects if not the reputation of the platform it will be fallen

mehabh
Community Member

Hi Guys, 

I jus saw this one, is it even legal to ask that? 

mehabh_0-1682588491598.png

Hello Meha,

It's really **bleep**ty, if you try to report the offer it won't be taken care of by the concerned team unfortunately.

Mykola was responding to Meha's post, which is an actual scam and will indeed be taken down by Upwork.

It is scam for sure.

Hi Meha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. In the future, feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

And my post ? what about my flag ?  what about my post ?

LOUARDIGHI A wrote:

Hello Pradeep,

And my post ? what about my flag ?  what about my post ?

The project minimum on Upwork is $5, so that's not a scam. You can't report something just because you're not happy with the price. If the budget is too low, simply ignore it and apply for other work.

I've been here a long time, since the beginning. This is the most frustrating aspect of this site. Low ball offers and a race to the bottom. It's not good for anyone, Upwork makes less, freelancers make less.
There's an industry standard in my line of work and rarely is that amount offered by a client. It damages the entire industry because it lowers the overall fees, people need to work so they bite the bullet and take the job.
I don't know what the answer is but it is a big problem imo.

Can you do the math?
5$ * 20 / 100 ?
20% => Upwork
can you explain to me how we will work on this site ???

LOUARDIGHI A wrote:

can you explain to me how we will work on this site ???

The only way to get work is by convincing clients that you're worth the rates that you're charging. If you can't get work here, then you'll need to find some other way to make money. Cheap projects have been around ever since I started freelancing 23 years ago, and as long as freelancers are willing to work for low fees - and lots of people are - there's nothing that you can or I can do about it. 

mehabh
Community Member

I know guys, already reported...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members