🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Overwhelmed by Cheese.... and not joking!
Page options
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Overwhelmed by Cheese.... and not joking!

Hello, my feed has been invaded, and for a while now, by repetitive jobs posts about cheese testing & video at Italian supermarkets. The posters are mostly from Poland and Ukraine and they thought that posting the same jobs again and again and again was a good idea.

Please do not ask me to manually capture and share each post privately, or to open tickets. Just type "cream cheese" and "fine cheese" in the search string and see for yourselves.

I would appreciate Upwork to handle this. Thanks for your kind support! 😉

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

From Apr 27 i asked Upwork to stop bot posting fakes hourly. Do you think that it was resolved? Bot still here and continue.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Upwork does not check posts, it is left to the freelancers to do the work. Flag the jobs, and that's all you can do. Upwork may or may not take down the posts, but highly unlikely. Clients can post any kind of job they wish. Just because it's posted multiple times does not mean it's a scam. Repeated jobs aren't breaking the Terms of Service. If they are, keep at Upwork until they are removed.

Edited: I looked through the job feed, and one thing is clear - the client is invested in cheese. I counted 12 pages of cheese jobs, and I didn't try hard. On the surface, the client seems legitimate and has used Upwork extensively. They have 125 jobs posted, with a 21% hire rate, and 36 open jobs.

I'm sure since the client is real, and has spent money, Upwork won't care about many postings on the same job. I saw in the client's history they do a lot of this stuff, and had a thing for popcorn and mystery shopping for a while. Bottom line, if there is no Terms violation, the jobs stay. I have never heard of or seen jobs removed for multiple postings.

I agree that cheese is important for these clients! 😅🤣

Yes, but their job posts have gotten too cheesy for my liking 😆

Ely claimed that was warned from duplicate posting. Should be some restriction about reposting exist in ToS.

I haven't seen that notice before. I think some of the posts were worded a bit differently, and I know that will pass. I think a brief note to the client that they need to consolidate their posts or have them removed. If they do it again...what am I saying? Jobs stay up for days after reporting. The client is not penalized or tossed out.

Upwork might have a 'different treatment' for some people, including Ely, as he hinted in some of his previous posts (which I believe are all the result of his own doings that don't really align with the general policy, although I actually don't see any problem with some of them :D).

On this specific 'problem', I see multiple identical posts are generally OK'd by the marketplace. People have been doing it since before the recent 'changes'. For example, there was a job post from a client who have spent a lot, asking for people who can convert 'PSD to HTML', which was posted exactly the same way once every few days. Sent proposal to a few of them and never got a response ~ looks like they have a very specific criteria for the candidates.

There's been an increase in them since after the 'changes' which I believe is the result of the increase in the 'number of freelancers', leading to the clients' increasing needs to 'rotate the opportunity' themselves to find the 'right' candidates.

You just have to live with it I think, because Upwork wouldn't ban clients for doing it, although they discourage it and persuade clients to close their job post first if they want to create another one. And we're not even talking about the semi-scam repeated upload-apps jobs where the 'established clients' (they really pay) survived running they playstore scamming network here for years.

the-right-writer
Community Member

This is from a job post for the cheese person.

Proposals:

• 10 to 15
  • Last viewed by client
    3 weeks ago
  • Interviewing:
  • Invites sent:
  • Unanswered invites:

I flagged a few, but even if they take these down, they will post again.

There are people openly looking for Upwork freelancer accounts to rent or buy, and apparently, no shortage of takers.

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Update: after eating tons of cheese, our dear job poster needed to have a drink, and is now intensely into "cold tea" with new duplicate posts for our delight. Look for it! 😂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members