🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PAN pending verification
Page options
Arnab R Community Member

PAN pending verification

Hello,

I have received an email yesterday regarding my PAN verification. My Tax information section containing the PAN number is valid and I have verified it with the Income Tax Department. Is there anyone from India facing the same issue? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Alok,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
Nilofer P Community Member

All right, thanks. When will this pending notification get changed?

Ritankar S Community Member

Hi Andrea, it's still not working even after aadding the pan card number sucessfully! Facing same issue!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ritankar,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
RajaSiddharthan N Community Member

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the clarification. How long does it usually take after adding the PAN for the verification? How much TDS is charged until the PAN is verified? Is PAN not added and not verified the same, Is 5% charged for both cases?

Poonam K Community Member

Hi,
I have same issue. I have cross-checked my id, it is same. But, still pending in Upwork. Please solve my issue?

Thanks!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Poonam,

I would like to clarify that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Mr. S Community Member

But it's deducting tax , even I updated PAN number but not showing verified.

Persi S Community Member

Hi Joanne,

My Pan ID keeps getting rejected even after deleting and updating again. Please help me solving this issue. Thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Persi,

I can see that your PAN number is added to your account. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Luiggi
Dhruv A Community Member

Hi Luiggi , my PAN has been verified but in my earnings it is still withholding 5% tds instead of 1%. Please help

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Rajiv K Community Member

Hi Joanne,
I am also got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification from last one week. Please advise.

Hi Rajiv,

If when you added your PAN number it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Sahil Kumar M Community Member

Hi,

I got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification. Please advise.

Hi Sahil,

If when you added your PAN number it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Gurpiyar S Community Member

Hello,

I have received an email yesterday regarding my PAN verification. My Tax information section containing the PAN number is valid and I have verified it with the Income Tax Department. My Pan is valid and even got the TDS credited to my account earlier this month. Now I have reupdated my Pan in upwork today. I'm also facing same issue "PAN pending verification".
I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification. Please advise.

I more issue is it saying Legal Taxpayer Name Legal Taxpayer Name (none). But my Profile name is add and verified by upwork please cheach and create ticket for my so I can talk to your support staff. Please help

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Gurpiyar, 

Sorry, we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery
Vishwas G Community Member

I don't see any problem with my PAN number. But upwork sent me failed verification email. And there is no way to add legal name above it. What should I do to get PAN verified? 

Hi Vishwas,

Could you please go to Settings > Tax Information > and add your legal name under the W-8BEN section? After this, please go to the Tax Identification (ID) > hover over the question mark next to "Legal Taxpayer Name" and add your name as well. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Vishwas G Community Member

Ok. I have added the name along with the PAN again. I will reply back if I still get email regarding verification failure.

AKASH KUMAR S Community Member

Hi,

I received a mail from Upwork on 02 Mar 2022 at around 7 A.M. (IST), stating that my Pan details cannot be verified. The reasons mentioned in the mail for the inability towards verification have been attached in the screenshot. However, none of the points are valid, as my Pan ID is Active on Traces under the name Akash Kumar Sharma (screenshots attached). I have also deleted my Pan ID and re-entered the data on Upwork, and it still says "Pan pending verification". Can someone please look into this?

The mail also stated that "Until your tax ID number(s) is verified, we will collect taxes on applicable transactions at the rate of 5%." Does this mean that I will be charged 5% as a tax deduction and if yes, until when? Kindly respond to this question.

Hi Akash,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your PAN verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Dilip B Community Member

I've got the same message on 2nd March 2022.

Just remove the current PAN details(which is also right), Then update things again.

Does anyone know how many days took to verify PAN details?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to clarify that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you've managed to add either your PAN number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you

Pradeep

RajaSiddharthan N Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I have added my PAN and it is still pending verification, will I get charged 5% until the PAN is verified? What is the usual wait time for the verification? 

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members