🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Past text into messages
Page options
captaincad2
Community Member

Past text into messages

I am using messages to send text messages to my client. Problem is when i past the message into the text box it apears to put the message into a folder and reduce the size of the text difficult to read. It there a solution .. ? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Hello there, John...

I don't know precisely what you're trying to do, but I can tell you that the Upwork Messenger tool can be very... ambitious... about trying to format pasted-in text.

If I copy a snippet from earlier, and paste it, then the tool WILL try to format it.

So what I do is paste text into a plain text editor, and than re-copy that text from the text editor and paste that into the Upwork Messenger tool.

It's a workaround. Kind of a kludge. But it works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
charles_kozierok
Community Member

This shouldn't normally happen. The message room seems to think that what you are pasting is not actually text but in a more complex format.

What are you pasting from?

I was pasting from MS OneNote. 

Correct,  a more complex format.

When i used "Word Pad" it then accept "copy past" nicely. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Hello there, John...

I don't know precisely what you're trying to do, but I can tell you that the Upwork Messenger tool can be very... ambitious... about trying to format pasted-in text.

If I copy a snippet from earlier, and paste it, then the tool WILL try to format it.

So what I do is paste text into a plain text editor, and than re-copy that text from the text editor and paste that into the Upwork Messenger tool.

It's a workaround. Kind of a kludge. But it works.

thank you Preston. That worked just fine.

Now i keep Word Pad at the ready for next time. 

Smiley Happy

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi John,

I see that you have been in touch with the support team about this issue and I've also followed up with the team. They are looking into this and you will be getting an update directly via a support ticket that will be created for this. Thank you.

~Nina

thank you Nina.

Me all sorted now . Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths