🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Processed but Bank account was closed...
Page options
kerr_cacha
Community Member

Payment Processed but Bank account was closed.

Hi Team,

I really need help. My scheduled payment for the week was already processed by Upwork however, the account on the bank to receive the payment was auto closed (due to a zero balance). Technically, the payment was not received by my bank. How would I resolve this? I have already gone to the bank and they said the payment was not received as the account was closed.

I already removed the bank so Upwork will no longer schedule those payments. 

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Kerr Siegfred C wrote:

My scheduled payment for the week was already processed by Upwork however, the account on the bank to receive the payment was auto closed (due to a zero balance). Technically, the payment was not received by my bank. How would I resolve this? 

The money will come back to your Upwork balance in due course, but this can take a week or two, occasionally longer

NikolaS

Hi Kerr,

If you initiate a withdrawal with incorrect bank details, that withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. Please make sure to have the right information on your payment method moving forward so that you can receive your withdrawn earnings on time. If you do not receive your funds in 8 workdays, please follow up here so that we can initiate tracing.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, same problem here, just today my scheduled payment has been already processed but my bank account has been already closed just last week. Is the balance will be back to my upwork balance? Hope to hear from you soon.
macrisdevie
Community Member

Hi same. Problem here. Did your money came back? If so, how long?

Ma Cristina Devie L wrote:
Hi same. Problem here. Did your money came back? If so, how long?

It always, always comes back. That tends to take a week to two weeks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members