🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment for a Fixed Price contract
Page options
richardsmith94
Community Member

Payment for a Fixed Price contract

Hi everyone. I've been on the site now a few months and I honestly couldn't be happier with how things are going, but, for the first time, a client has yet to release funds for a job I completed 1 week ago...is this unusual? Every other client so far has been great and paid within 48 hours. The client has confirmed that they have received the work and I have heard nothing since. Do I just forget about it for now and see if they come back to me in the next few days?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_sharman
Community Member

I know it's frustrating, but sometimes it takes time for clients to approve milestones. Hold tight and if the client does nothing, the funds will release into pending 14 days from your submission date.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
m_sharman
Community Member

I know it's frustrating, but sometimes it takes time for clients to approve milestones. Hold tight and if the client does nothing, the funds will release into pending 14 days from your submission date.

Will do, many thanks for your reply Miriam.

Hi miriumm,

If the client is offline, and we deliver a fixed price job. How long does it take to release the payment?

Hi Muhammad,

If the client is not responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members