🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment in euro instead of USD
Page options
aissi_meriem
Community Member

Payment in euro instead of USD

Hello,
I am a new freelancer from Algeria and I have a problem concerning the payment currency.
The banks here can not pay me in USD. Instead, they use euro or local currency. Is it possible to get paid from upwork in euro instead of USD? If yes, then how?
Thank you in advance
Meriem Aissi
2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Meriem, 

You can use a payment method that is available in your location, which you can check here. Please check this help article for more information on how you can get paid. If in case you want to use Paypal or Payoneer to withdraw your earnings, you can link it to a bank account so that you can receive your funds in your local currency. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Meriem A wrote:
Hello,
I am a new freelancer from Algeria and I have a problem concerning the payment currency.
The banks here can not pay me in USD. Instead, they use euro or local currency. Is it possible to get paid from upwork in euro instead of USD? If yes, then how?
Thank you in advance
Meriem Aissi

If you have a EUR bank account, you can only receive payments in EUR in this account. Your bank will convert any USD amount into EUR at the daily rate, nothing for you to worry about, it's automatic. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members