🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment on commission
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Payment on commission

I was interested in applying for a grant writing job, but the ad says payment will be on commission in accordance with the funding received. Is there any way this is possible? Is it in compliace with Upwork ToS?

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

Could you please share the job post with me via PM so that I check the details? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Robert,

Could you please share the job post with me via PM so that I check the details? Thank you.

Thanks, I'll PM you a link. 

petra_r
Community Member

Robert Y wrote:

I was interested in applying for a grant writing job, but the ad says payment will be on commission in accordance with the funding received. Is there any way this is possible? Is it in compliace with Upwork ToS?

Robert, are you actually a grant writer? It's actually not really a "writing" job at all.

That's super specialized.

Commision only is allowed as a fixed rate contract with the commission funded in escrow, which I assume is not what your client has in mind.

Petra said:

Robert, are you actually a grant writer? It's actually not really a "writing" job at all.

That's super specialized.

No, I'm not actually a grant writer - better give it a miss. I didn't realize it was so specialized.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Robert Y wrote:

Oh dear. They want to pay only when they get the grant? Well....................

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members