🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
cc9f2df1
Community Member

Payment

I finished a fixed price one time job. After that client needed some additional work and I did it. Then the client sends an hourly contract offer for the additional hour and I accept the offer . As the work was already done so, there was not any way to track time with desktop app. Now client ended the contract and I don’t see anything about payment. Anyone can help me about this?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shiyam K wrote:
I meant that I did some extra work for the client. after that, the client sends me an hourly contract offer for the extra job I already did. That’s why I couldn’t track it.

There was no need for an additional contract, the client coud have simply sent you a bonus for the extra work on the closed contract.

After you accepted the houry contract, you coud have just added an hour's worth of manual time.

Ask the cient to send you a bonus on the (closed) HOURLY (NOT the fixed price) contract.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yoshuayasmin
Community Member

Hi Shiyam,

Would you please elaborate more on the "the client sends an hourly contract offer for the additional hour and I accept the offer" part?

I'm a bit lost.

However, as a general rule of thumb, you can ask your client to enable "Submit manual time" for hourly contracts. That should do it.

Do you mean you didn't get a chance to track time for the extra one hour job before he closed the contract?

I meant that I did some extra work for the client. after that, the client sends me an hourly contract offer for the extra job I already did. That’s why I couldn’t track it.
petra_r
Community Member

Shiyam K wrote:

There was no need for an additional contract, the client coud have simply sent you a bonus for the extra work on the closed contract.

After you accepted the houry contract, you coud have just added an hour's worth of manual time.

Ask the cient to send you a bonus on the (closed) HOURLY (NOT the fixed price) contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members