🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Paypal account Inactive status
Page options
amilkare_01
Community Member

Paypal account Inactive status

Hello, Why my paypal account to upwork it stillshows inactive status ? VAT information is entered. Please Help.
7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ciro,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there 

My paypal is inactive and I cant seem to understand why. I am a british citzen and I do not have a VAT number 

I have finished a project whihc has been approved and amount has been paid. How can I make sure the money goes to my paypal account 

Hi Kous,

You will need to fill out our W-8BEN form in order to be able to withdraw your earnings. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there I dont have a VAT number to add as I dont have a business - how can I make sure I get paid via my paypal account (that it says upwork is inactive). I live in the UK

Hi Kous Fatima,

Can you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to

confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4c472d1a
Community Member

Hi,

Please I am not a US freelancer and also I filled out my W-8BEN Form and I have still inactive my paypal account, what else do I need to do, please I need help with this problem,

Thanks in advance,

Hello Liliana,

I see that your account is registered with a US address. Could you please confirm if you are a non-US citizen living in the US? 

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members