cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me to get hired. Thanks!

Highlighted
Lexphil C Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
1 of 3

Hello,  I am new to upwork. I just heard this from my couzin and she suggested me to try here. Can I ask a question on how do I get hired on a Job? What are the process? Is the client pick among the applicants to soon or nah? I am looking forward for your answers. Btw, please visit my profile and check if I am qualified to get a job.  https://www.upwork.com/users/~01bdd3a4f0e25d4c32

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Lex

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 3

Maybe you could tell us what you have looked at so far on this site. Then we would understand what you have learned so far.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Lexphil,

You posted some very impressive portfolio pieces demonstrating your skill as a graphic artist.

You need to focus on that, and REMOVE the other stuff. At this juncture, focusing on one skill set will enhance your ability to get your first jobs on Upwork.

Remove these from your skills list:

Java
IBM-DB2
SQL

You don't have any portfolio pieces for these, anyway. It is okay to reference them slightly in your profile text as you have. But keep your whole profile focused on your graphic design skills.

Also, your title "graphic designer" may be missing one or two words.. It is very generic. Maybe you can add to it, so it reads something like this:

"graphic designer passionate about UI/UX"

Remove this phrase from your profile text:

"I am new to this industry but I am willing to learn more and have more experience."

Based on the quality of work you posted, you don't need to say anything like this.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS