🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Private Feedback added mistakenly, how to cha...
Page options
Hamza A Community Member

Private Feedback added mistakenly, how to change that ?

Hello

I have recently completed a project and after 1 day my stat "Clients who would recomment you" dropped from 70% to 61%. My feedback was 5 stars and feedback was "Job well done and thank you for the detailed work".

On seeing the drop in that stat I asked client he said my that in private feedback he mistakenly gave me 9 instead of 10 for How likely to recommend this freelancer (or something like that). He said he was not knowing its effect and just randomly chose 9 and he will not mind if he changes it to 10 and he is willing to do that. But he said he is unable to do so because there is no option he can change private feedback.

Is there anyone from upwork resolve this issue because this will eventually effect my JSS after 2 weeks when it updates.

As client is willing to change it and he said he has done it mistakenly so UPWORK please help in this regard as this is very important for my perspective.

Regards,

Hamza

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mykola, 

I would like to clarify that changes can only be made to public feedback. Private feedback remains on file and cannot be edited by the client or freelancer. 

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hamza,

Your client can update the feedback they left if you enable them to make changes.  

To enable changes

1. Go to My Jobs  All Contracts
  2. Check the Include closed contracts box
  3. Click the title of the contract to get to the details page
  4. Go to Feedback and click the Enable client to change feedback link

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mykola A Community Member

Pls confirm that private feedback can be changed then new value will be calculated in JSS.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mykola, 

I would like to clarify that changes can only be made to public feedback. Private feedback remains on file and cannot be edited by the client or freelancer. 

~ Nikola
Dmitrii K Community Member

Dear Nikola,

Thank you for your responses,

However, this may be a random, casual mistake by the client due to unfamiliarity with the interface, which significantly affects the freelancer's rating forever (or vice versa).

Is it impossible to correct the private part of the reviews, even if both parties express a desire to do so?

Thank you,
Dmitrii

Hamza A Community Member

that is true only for public feedback not for private feedback

Rekha S Community Member

Hamza,

Private feedback can't be changed by either party. Your client can only change public feedback and ratings. And, 9/10 is a great score.  

I would suggest that you move on and focus on other projects.

Hamza A Community Member

True but in my stats the value of "client who would recommend you" dropped from 70% to 61%. Do that make any difference to my Job Success Score (JSS) when it will update after 2 weeks ?

I am only concerned for my JSS that it should not dropped because I have worked very hard to achieve that where it is.

I dont want to get my JSS dropped just by the mistake of my employer.

Can my employer contact to upwork (he is willing to correct the feedback) for the updation of feedback he gave me will that make any difference ??, please suggest.

Regards,

Rekha S Community Member

I don't know if client recommend score affects JSS, but mine has been at 90 forever, and doesn't seem to have a direct effect on my score. In fact, my JSS fell last year because I was inactive for 6 month, while my client score remained unchanged. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members