artu_jf

Problems with the Upwork app for ios

I'm getting this error (error 403) when I'm trying to look for a new job and it tells me that I'm not authorized to do so. I uninstall the app then install it again and it was apparently fixed but now I have the same problem, what's happening? Please help.
11 REPLIES 11
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arturo,

If you had too many failed attempts in a short time period, your account could have been blocked as a security measure, which the error message you shared suggests. Visit Upwork.com and log in from there to check if you can unblock your account and access it on your mobile device.

If this doesn't help, please follow up on this thread and I'll assist you further.

Untitled
artu_jf

Hi Vladimir,

The problem is not to login into my account, I can, in my laptop I have no problems with Upwork but in my iPhone's app I can't look any job even the ones I saved, it tells me that I'm not authorized to do it. This is happening just in my phone.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arturo,

Do you experience the issue after you log out and log back in again?

~ Valeria
Upwork
artu_jf

Yes!

Arturo,

Could you please send a screenshot of the error message you are receiving? There should be a Trace ID in the message that will help us identify the issue.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
artu_jf

I don't know how to send screenshots but this is the Trace ID:

351fe3f0df71510a-MIA

Hi Arturo, 

We'll have someone reach out to you regarding this issue so that we can investigate further. Please make sure to save a screen grab of the error on your phone so that you can share it via email when the support team reaches out to you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am facing the same issue on an iOS device.

Hello Muhammad,

We're sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
sufi4

I have same issue on my laptop widow tracking app. My upwork is working fine on browser even fail to download app from upwork to reinstall 

Hi Mehwish,

You can find advise on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

1. Click your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select Support and Feedback
  3. Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~Andrea
Upwork