🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile not showing in search results even wh...
Page options
peterbotros
Community Member

Profile not showing in search results even when search by name

A while ago I stopped receiving invitations to apply for jobs at all. So I decided to check for my profile in the search results. To my surprise I didn't find it, I tried searching by name, title, skills, etc. But there was no use. I also tried to apply all the filters possible to minimize the search results outcome, and even though I went page by page, I didn't find my profile. 

When I tried to contact support, They informed me that everything was ok and I don't have to worry. but I still don't know how this is possible to disappear from the search completely.

Also I know about the rotation thing in search results, I understood that it is concerning the order of the appearance in the results not whether a profile appears or not.

So I am looking for a solution or an explanation of this if someone have any.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Peter,

I just searched for your name with no additional filters, and you were listed on the second page of the results.
As we have explained before on these boards, search results depend on many factors such as who is searching, when, whether the search is done for a posted job or not. Additionally, the results are rotated to make sure as many qualified freelancers as possible have a chance to be noticed. Your profile can show on the first page when a client runs a search today but not tomorrow.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137
Community Member

Hello, Arjay! Faced the same problem. When searching by last name, my profile wasn't found, but my son's profile was. If I search for the shortened version (Vadim S.), I find me on page 9. My profile visibility is set to public. Please tell me why my son's profile can be found by last name, but not mine?

c5aa6de2
Community Member

I search myself with the search bar and I cannot find my profile. Please any clarification or help to go about it?

musmandanish
Community Member

My privacy is set to public but still, my profile isn't showing up on Upwork and Google searches... Also, clients aren't seeing my proposals at all... its like I'm completely invisible to them... Please help me... Thanks

Hi Muhammad Usman,

I have checked and I was able to search for your profile using your first name and last name's initial. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Please note that filters are available in the box to the top-right of your search results. Clients can click the dropdown arrow in the search box to use the advanced keyword search to find talent with the skills and deliverables that their project requires. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
faheemkhan62
Community Member

how can  I rank and optimise my profile to have more views ?

tommyflorez
Community Member

Hi guys, could you please let me know if you can find me on search results? I can't find my profile. I use name, keyword and nothing. Thank you for your help.

Yes you are visible

0e971092
Community Member

A while ago,  I decided to check for my profile in the search results. I didn't find it, even though it was in Public mode. I tried searching by name, title, skills, etc. But there was no use. I also tried to apply all the filters possible to minimize the search results outcome, and even though I went page by page, I didn't find my profile. 

Also, I know about the rotation thing in search results, I understood that it concerns the order of the appearance in the results not whether a profile appears or not.

So I am looking for a solution.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance about your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sumairamalikgcu
Community Member

Hi, I also searched my profile but it is not coming up. I have checked all pages with similar name. Can you check that? Thanks

353e0bf0
Community Member

My account on Upwork is not visible when i search by name. Would you please give me a solution , How can i fix this ?

Hi Anjeela,

When I search for your profile by your name with no additional filters, you're the only one who appears on the search results for meVarious factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
353e0bf0
Community Member

Thank you so much.
oguzozg
Community Member

Even though my profile visibility is set to public I can not find my profile when searching as a talent. How can i fix this? 

0fe8621f
Community Member

my profile does not appear in the client searches

e06aac55
Community Member

I'm new here on upwork after registering my account and also verified my account, i couldn't find my account through search engine even though my account is set in public. what can be the cause and what is the solution?

waiting for response and solution

7f4ab341
Community Member

Clients usually don't search by name on Upwork. Upwork's search considers skills, experience, and ratings to match freelancers with jobs. While support might say your profile is fine, it could be missing keywords or lack recent activity. Focus on optimizing your profile for your desired skills and consider sending proposals to relevant jobs instead of waiting for invites. This will improve your search ranking over time. Don't worry, it's not like a BISE Lahore Result where you either pass or fail . Upwork search results are constantly changing!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members