🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile views
Page options
86c631fc
Community Member

Profile views

How do I get organic views on my Upwork profile? Do views help grow the Upwork profile? Please guide me.

4 REPLIES 4
celgins
Community Member

If profile views are organic, you have very little control over them. Clients can search using pre-defined skill categories or type in their own search terms.

Upwork does not reveal the significance of profile views as it relates to search results. Top-Rated, Top-Rated Plus and Expert-Vetted profiles often show more prominently in search results, but that isn't related to their profile view frequency. Upwork also values the reputation built by freelancers who have been on the platform for a long time. These profiles will also show more prominently in search results when their skills and work histories match the requirements of clients who are searching.

There are too many ways to "game the system," which Google found out almost two decades ago when people learned that inbound traffic from links hosted on certain domains increased a websites' value. If profile views, alone, improved a freelancers' position in Upwork searches, many freelancers would exploit this and immediately begin artificially inflating profile views.

The only thing you can do is make sure your profile is 100% complete. If your profile title, overview/summary, skills, portfolio, and other areas are consistent and in sync with each other, Upwork's algorithms will use these factors to show your profile when clients search.

86c631fc
Community Member

Thank you for your kind response this meas a lot to me. 😊

prestonhunter
Community Member

I think profile vies are meaningless. I don't believe you should even think about profile views.

sbluetechnology
Community Member

There is no particular way to increase Organic views on the Upwork profile. You can just interact in forums, do proper bidding, and be active on Upwork. And yes views will help you to grow in Upwork. If people will view your profile, and your profile is relevant according to their requirements you get work and the more you'll get work, the more your profile stats will increase.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members