cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Combined Working Hours oDesk and Elance

albertsiagian
Albert S Member Since: Jun 18, 2011
1 of 6
As oDesk and Elance has merge, can I add into my oDesk profile, my total working hours at both platforms ? Example, adding "I have more than 100 hours combined working experience at both oDesk.com and Elance.com" into my profile. Thank you.
albertsiagian
2 of 6
No reply so far. I'll assume the answer is "no problem, go ahead". I'll go ahead with this approach. If oDesk suspended my account, then I'll send them this link, that I have publicly ask this question. Regards
a2aabc71
Efart B Member Since: Jan 27, 2014
3 of 6
I don't believe that oDesk will suspend your account since you write something that is true and part of your resume.
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
4 of 6
Hi Albert, At this point, oDesk and Elance user information is managed separately. Please continue to use both marketplaces separately as you did earlier. Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
coffman-robin
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
5 of 6
Actually, this doesn't really answer his question. He wants to know if he can mention it on his profile. Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with mentioning eLance accomplishments on an oDesk profile and vise versa. Restricting that would kinda be like McDonalds telling their applicants that they don't want to hear about their experience working at Burger King. Of course they do!
albertsiagian
6 of 6
I fully understand that user information is managed separately, including working hours. My question is, can I explicitly write a sentence "100 hours working experience at odesk.com and elance.com" in my profile. In the past, obviously this was not possible/violate TOS mentioning a competitor's name. Now it should be possible, but would like confirmation/permission from oDesk. Regards.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS