🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about billing methods and the new co...
Page options
kenshin-uesugi
Community Member

Question about billing methods and the new connect system

Hello everyone

I was wondering about the Upwork new connects system and potential scenarios would actually present serious problems: So here you are with no connects left and no money in your escrow account due to any silly reason (ie: not paying attention to the monthly automatic funds clearing).

Some people in countries like mine rely solely on the prepaid payoneer card to issue international payments and we basically have NO other way to do so, still Upwork rejects prepaid payoneer cards (I just sadly discovered it also declines paypal accounts linked to those prepaid cards because it detects them and we can't link any other card to our paypal accounts besides these).

This is a serious dead-end not only to fellow countrymen.. but to many other freelancers from countries that struggle with this issue.. I have been conducting business on Upwork since 2011 and while I do appreciate the new connects system, I still think management should really sort out the issue for the prepaid cards as payment methods or at least paypal accounts connected to them as a refill option.

Another downside to this is that we cannot also hire talent on Upwork since we want to benefit the platform we grew with and avoid going by other means.

I have been promised from chat assistance several times that this matter will be escalated to the appropriate departements but no echo far - Hope we can hear some reassuring news asap because I don't think I am the only one who is worried about this.

PS: this is my first ever community post so I apologize for the long read!

All the best

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and you have already chatted with one of our team members. At this time, the options shared by our team member are the options we have available. You can be sure that the agent shared your feedback with our team for consideration. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d32829f7
Community Member

I am not able to buy new plan and connections and here is showing error " error on billing method please try another debit card"
While I tried with many cards already

Hi Mohd,

Just to confirm, are your accounts enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What should I do for buy plan.

Hi Mohd,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Ahmed A wrote:

Some people in countries like mine rely solely on the prepaid payoneer card to issue international payments and we basically have NO other way to do so, still Upwork rejects prepaid payoneer cards

Payoneer or other prepaid *can* be used to purchase connects (just not to hire freelancers.)

@Petra R Oh really? didn't know! shall I do that through adding billing methods on my freelancer's profile? because the same issues are presenting when I did so?

Ahmed A wrote:

@Petra R Oh really? didn't know! shall I do that through adding billing methods on my freelancer's profile? because the same issues are presenting when I did so?

Try going via Settings > Membership & Connects > "Add More Connects"

and if that does not work, get back to Support and if they try to tell you that it's not possible refer them to their own help pages

prepaid cards.jpg

I only see paypal as a billing nothing else listed, were do i find the other billings listed please.

Hi Liesl,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members