🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recovering Facebook account as a service
Page options
319ff051
Community Member

Recovering Facebook account as a service

Recently, I came across a job post where an individual was seeking assistance in recovering their Facebook account. Intrigued, I submitted a proposal and engaged in a conversation with the client, guiding and resolving the issue. During our conversation, I discovered that the client intended to help their neighbor recover their account.

The process involved submitting an ID to Facebook's ticket system, among other steps.

Recognizing the importance of adhering to Upwork's Terms of Service (TOS), I've decided to reach out to this forum to clarify whether this type of project aligns with their guidelines.

In the meantime, I'm sharing this post to seek advice or experiences from others who might have encountered a similar situation. Additionally, I have encouraged my client to contact their neighbor and explore the possibility of creating an Upwork account to facilitate direct communication and obtain their neighbor's consent for this project

what do you think guys?

2 REPLIES 2
26a5c872
Community Member

You wrote "The process involved submitting an ID to Facebook's ticket system, among other steps."

Helping someone recover their Facebook account does not necessarily violate Upwork's TOS especially if you are just assisting someone to follow Facebook's steps of submitting an ID. The problem is that it doesn't take expertise to assist someone in submitting their ID to FB if the client can just do it himself. That lack of expertise in you doing it for him is a violation of Upwork's TOS.

Additionally, Upwork's guidelines state that the work you do must deliver something, and in this case the deliverable could be the recovery of someone's FB account, but then again, the client could actually do that for himself by submitting his ID and does not need your expertise to do that for him.

The main problem I do see is with your words "among other steps." If you assist the client in accessing their FB account "in other ways" that violate laws such as hacking into the account, then yes, you are also violating Upwork's TOS.

3.jpg

You can read "What kind of jobs aren't allowed on Upwork?" here:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007578942-What-kind-of-jobs-aren-t-allowed-on-Upwor...

thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members