ahmedraza99

Recruiters look for what ?

Hello Everybody out there, this is Ahmed From Pakistan, I have applied for the mutliple jobs and connections that are avaialble.But got a zero response.What are the strategies to apply and what factors are necessary when you are submitting a proposal.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski

Hi Ahmed, 

I recommend you reading this help article Getting Started on Upwork. There is a lot of information how to improve your profile, cover letter ect. Don`t rush trou them, read all of the details that are listed. 

Happy UpWorking!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
quijibo

The first thing you should do is remove the English:Fluent note from your profile. 

Anything else Mr.

g_vasilevski

Hi Ahmed, 

I recommend you reading this help article Getting Started on Upwork. There is a lot of information how to improve your profile, cover letter ect. Don`t rush trou them, read all of the details that are listed. 

Happy UpWorking!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran

tlsanders

Definitely take Goran's advice and dig into the valuable information in the thread he provided.

Also:

You have some grammatical errors in your overview. It would be worth your while to get someone fluent in English to help clean that up.

It also suggests that you should not be offering writing services in English.

You may also want to choose one service to promote, as listing several unrelated services makes it appear that you are not an expert at anything and sort of desperate for money.

Likewise, offering samples is a bad idea, as it will attract "clients" who want to trick you into working for free.