🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund the paid contract
Page options
bd412c70
Community Member

Refund the paid contract

Hi everyone!

Have you ever had a situation when you finished the contract and client was polite, paid and gave you good rating, and after that wrote you with accusation that you used plagiarism for the project? I had. I proved to the client that this is not true as I sent the screenshots and refund the whole contract. Then the client was sorry and wanted to open a contract again to pay for the previous work, apologizing. I accepted even I was not sure if this is a smart move. Luckily, that client is great, had more contracts with that person, so mixed bad and good experience.

What is your story? 😊

5 REPLIES 5
joewyne
Community Member

You are lucky, your client was understanding otherwise, you would live to tell the tale. 

bd412c70
Community Member

Hi Josephat!

Yes, but I wanted to tell you that I refund the whole amount as I did not want the money from someone accusing me for fraud. Money is not important if you will lose yourself. We need to be professional. And I was lucky 😊

joewyne
Community Member

Absolutely

The client wasn't "understanding." The client made a false allegation against the freelancer and then admitted that he was wrong.

tlsanders
Community Member

Why on earth did you refund the money if the client was wrong and you had proof? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members