Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Active Jobs

Highlighted
Vatan B Member Since: Aug 7, 2015
1 of 2

Hello

I am working as a Customer Service Freelancer on UpWork. I have ten active jobs in my account but i am not receiving response from clients after sending message to them,

They should respond within twenty four hours. What should i think about a job whose response is not being sent from past two months.

Thanks

Vatan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

@Vatan B wrote:

Hello

1) I am working as a Customer Service Freelancer on UpWork.

2)I have ten active jobs in my account

3) i am not receiving response from clients after sending message to them,

1) You are? I don't see a single contract on your profile, past or present.

2) I doubt it. You may have 10 active candidacies. Not 10 active jobs.

3) Maybe you want to rethink your profile a little, and what you are offering. You say you're an experienced Software Engineer who "wants to be" a customer service rep. This will put you at a disadvantage for jobs in both fields as you have no experience in customer service and whilst there is a demand for customer service staff with a technical background I would hazard a guess that you lose out on those to freelancers with either experience or better English skills, or likely both.

I understand that it is irritating when you're not getting responses, but frankly that is not the problem in itself. It is a symptom of the problem.

The real problem is that you're trying to win jobs which which you (based on your profile, which is also what client look at when deciding whether to take a candidacy further) don't have the experience, or the skills (for Customer Service you need fluent English unless you only apply for contracts in your own language) for.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS