🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reported message
Page options
7b03e100
Community Member

Reported message

I reported a client two hours ago, I also flagged the job.... I can see how he keeps "interviewing" people... the job is not cancelled and I still don't have my connects back.

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-09 154425.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7b03e100
Community Member

This time the ending is happy... they finally closed the job and I received my connects back 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nasabro
Community Member

Thats gonna be very bad!

the-right-writer
Community Member

Interviewing a bunch of people is not against the Terms of Service. There are occasionally jobs that are real, but they usually involve such low pay and awful requirements, they are almost scams.

Upwork won't take the job down if the client is interviewing. The only way to get your connects back, is for Upwork to declare it a scam. With what you have posted, I see no reason they would pull it.

I reported the message that the "client" sent me asking me to contact him by telegram.  This wasn't supposed to be a discussion, I posted it on the support forum hoping someone would review that report, but they moved my post here and ignored me.

48466cd9-306d-40c9-8b21-12a1dbc27c47.png

This screenshot is entirely different. The original was not a scam, by the offer posted. This screenshot is an obvious scam.

You are supposed to flag the job or report it. You can click on the three dots in your post, and ask a moderator to respond, if you can't flag or find another way. I'm sure they moved it (not sayin' I approve) because this is the most common scam on Upwork, and the "jobs" the freelancers take so often.

I'm not sure what you mean by "review." When Upwork sees an obvious scam, they are supposed to permanently ban the user. However, if all freelancers would agree to stop breaking the rules, the scammers would lose interest.

Yes, it happened to me before, I reported the message and Upwork closed the job almost immediately... That's why this time I thought it was weird that nothing happened and this person was sending more messages.... I realize now that my post was not clear... I assumed that if the title is "reported message" they would go and look at that report to see what I was talking about, that's what I meant by "review".

Thank you!

tjmisny
Community Member

It's sad that none of those 43 people are going to get their Connects back.  

7b03e100
Community Member

This time the ending is happy... they finally closed the job and I received my connects back 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members