cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for additional info added to job postings

Ace Contributor
Ralph D Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
1 of 3

I came over from Elance, Im not too impressed with the Upwork interface as it is nowhere near the Elance site. Green color scheme and alot less info is viewable on Upwork. One of the bigger issues is Upwork does NOT have any info when a freelancer bids on a job and the client hires someone else.

Yes I know there is a message but that does little for the freelancer who lost the job as in Elance we could always see who was hired and compare price and other possible reasons why freelancer was not hired. A simple AWARDED  and the freelancers anme it was awarded to message next to the job would be nice, is this possible?

R

tanya s Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
2 of 3

If I am quoting contractors to build my house, contractors don't know other quotes. Right? You, as a contractor, quote from the perspective what you can afford to earn per hour on a project. A client picks a freelancer considering many-many factors and just one of them is price.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 3

Ralph, I agree it would be nice to know to whom the job was awarded, and not so long ago, when Upwork was oDesk, this was the case. When a job was awarded there was a message (I can't remember the exact wording): "this job has been awarded to "x" and there was a link to x's profile. This was useful for both freelancers and clients.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS