cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Request of Personal Information During Hiring Process

carlosalb
Carlos T Member Since: Dec 6, 2015
11 of 15
Thank you for your input Jess! I wasn't aware of this opt-out fee in the TOS.
jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
12 of 15

@Carlos T wrote:
Thank you for your input Jess! I wasn't aware of this opt-out fee in the TOS.

Carlos, you really should read ALL of the Terms of Service documents available before accepting any other jobs. This is one of the easiest ways to get yourself kicked off the site!

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 15

Carlos, to be honest that sounds like a complete scam. Did this "head of HR" have an email like firstname.lastname@companyname.com or was it a gmail/hotmail/something else email? Even if the company name they gave you is legit that doesn't mean they represent that company. I'd be very suspicious of anything like this.

carlosalb
Carlos T Member Since: Dec 6, 2015
14 of 15

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for the heads up. Actually, they are legit and she's a real person, her email is in "firstname@company.com" format. I googled them and her specifically and was able to see her LinkedIn page and background. So I'm 100% sure they aren't scammers, and after my conversation with her I got assurance they're an established company. My issue was their approach to hire me as an employee and asking me all these personal information, which I wasn't interested in.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 15

Hi Carlos,

Please review these red flags, pm me the job post link and a screenshot of your conversation, so I can check if it's in line with our ToS. I share the same concerns Jennifer and other users shared on this thread.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS