🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Request to Change my Name
Page options
itsmaureen
Community Member

Request to Change my Name

I have been trying to change my name on my Upwork account for about two weeks with no success. I have already updated my profile information accordingly within the settings section of my Upwork account. However, it has not been effective. My efforts to chat with chatbot has been of no success as well. Kindly advise.

56 REPLIES 56

Hi Saif,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and I am pleased to inform you that your account is updated with the correct legal name now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Community Member

Hello there

Today i was changing my upwork profile name from Rana Waqas to Muhammad Waqas but Unluckily i typed my mother name Ghulam Sakina so I want to Keep my Real Name Muhammad Waqas. Muhammad Waqas is My Real Identity card name. My profile os already verified on Muhammd Waqas identity card. Please Upwork team look into my request and change the name according to my identity card

Hi Rana,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your name change request is still in process. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and approve your request. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Upwork team For Quick Response

I have another question and that is very important for me. I have this profile on my Name and And Verified on my Identity card. Now Due to personal reasons i want to shift this account on my Mother name. So i will provide his id card for identity verification. Is this possible? sir i hope you understand my question.

Muhammad, please note that Upwork accounts are non-transferable. Therefore, you are not allowed to transfer or share your account with another user, including your family or friends.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Ok Thank you For Your Assistance. I am very happy that you guys Quickly solved my problem.

meludz21
Community Member

Hi,

I need help on how to reach the Upwork support team about my verified middle name. I just noticed today that my verified middle name is incorrect. Instead of the letter S it was verified as the letter Z.

4 digits letter Z Start S Start 

Hi Melody,

I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your verified name has been changed now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f3146a28
Community Member

I have putted all the right information and 100% verfied . But in earning of certificates my name has a typo which the Ai chatbot can not resolve . Can any reak person from the company help me ? 

Hi S M Taiheb,

I am sorry to hear about the incorrect name on the Certificate of Earnings. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that the name has been corrected now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for quick action. 

83f13ade
Community Member

Hi, I came to notice that the profile name on my account and bank account should be the same. Unfortunately, while creating my account I didn't realize this and created the account with google account credentials. So, the name was mismatching now. I want to modify it as per the name on the bank, please help me.

Hi Zia,

Thank you for your message. You can update your name from the Settings page. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c3c0750c
Community Member

How do I change my verified name? When I first created my Upwork account I used only my first name and middle name I changed that soon after but only on my Contact info (settings). When I went to download the sheet of "Certificate of Earnings", the name used there is my old name . How can I change this? Thank you.

IT BEEN TWO DAYS NOW ALREADY 

Hi David,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members