🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Returned Fixed Price (ref xxxx Reversed)
Page options
29c7d9a8
Community Member

Returned Fixed Price (ref xxxx Reversed)

Hello dear community,

But this topic I want to get your attention and make sure that from this date you won't get in troubles as I did. A few days ago I had almost 700$ in my balance. Upwork found that the client with whom I worked a few days ago has issues and blocked his account (fraud). The amount was already in my balance. And 5 day period was finished. Upwork withdraw that amount from my balance and gave my bunch of sorries and apologies. Here I will send all the screenshots and messages. 

Note:: With client everything is correct, we've been working for a long time, and I trust him.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Onik,

I understand you're frustrated with this situation. However, we had to edit your comment because posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication isn't allowed here in the Community.

We also won't be able to discuss a status of a specific account or details of a specific case. I encourage you to refer to the support request the team sent to you for more information or if you have any questions. You can find support request #33140007 on this page.

You can also find general information about Fixed-Price Protection in this section of Upwork Terms of Service

~ Valeria
Upwork

Look. I wrote a message, and my client also wrote a message to Upwork support, but still no answer and it's unacceptable. 

Hi Onik,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did you buy cryptocurrency for him?

No I didn't. 

tlbp
Community Member

Onik S wrote:

Hello dear community,

But this topic I want to get your attention and make sure that from this date you won't get in troubles as I did. A few days ago I had almost 700$ in my balance. Upwork found that the client with whom I worked a few days ago has issues and blocked his account (fraud). The amount was already in my balance. And 5 day period was finished. Upwork withdraw that amount from my balance and gave my bunch of sorries and apologies. Here I will send all the screenshots and messages. 

Note:: With client everything is correct, we've been working for a long time, and I trust him.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Your first gig on Upwork ended less than a month ago. So, your definition of "a long time" may vary from that of others. 

29c7d9a8
Community Member

It was my very first contract which started at Oct 24. and we started working from that time, till nov 6 I think.

petra_r
Community Member

Onik S wrote previously:

With client everything is correct, we've been working for a long time, and I trust him.

Then Onik S wrote;

It was my very first contract which started at Oct 24. and we started working from that time, till nov 6 I think.

That's a few days. Not "a long time" and you have absolutely no way of knowing whether anything with the client is "correct". The client is a stranger on the Internet and Upwork clearly have evidence that everything is NOT OK with the client.

29c7d9a8
Community Member

I don't really understand how people are you thinking ? 
That's Upwork's problem. I put my time and resources in a platform, where I will get nothing at the end just because Upwork could not do its job correctly ? 
is that correct ? 
I am speaking with my client and he has no idea why this happened.

P.S It's been almost 20 days or less and yes as I am new here it is a long time. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members