🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge Removed
Page options

Rising Talent Badge Removed

Hello,

I've seen this topic discussed here in multiple threads, but I'm struggling to figure out what I've done to have lost my rising talent badge.

I've worked on five projects. All but one left me 5-star feedback. The one who didn't left no public feedback. I suppose she could be unhappy, but she didn't seem so, and I offer a satisfaction guarantee. Three of the five paid me bonuses--with one giving me two bonuses. My stats say 100% of my clients would recommend me. I got approached to do a mobile game play test, which is not in my skill area, but they asked me and I figured why not. I thought maybe that play test was what I'd "done wrong," but while UpWork will not or cannot tell me specifically why I'm being punished, I was told the play test had a positive impact on my status. So I am at a loss. 

Up until the badge was removed, I was getting multiple invites a day. Nothing since it was removed. I don't have a JSS yet, and I'm several hundred dollars away from $1000 in earnings, so I can't be top rated. No 90% JSS, no Rising Talent, and no Top Rated. 

If I've broken a rule, it's inadvertent, and I'd love to avoid doing so in the future. I just can't figure this one out. I'm frankly struggling with this. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
booksist

Hello Maria,

You have definitely completed a sufficient number of projects to get a JSS, but it is updated bi-weekly for all of us, which is the reason why you still haven't got it. 

It looks like you are going to get your JSS this Sunday and it is going to be great.

(My answer is based entirely on your post since your profile is private.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
booksist

Hello Maria,

You have definitely completed a sufficient number of projects to get a JSS, but it is updated bi-weekly for all of us, which is the reason why you still haven't got it. 

It looks like you are going to get your JSS this Sunday and it is going to be great.

(My answer is based entirely on your post since your profile is private.)

Kind of you to reply, Valentina. I appreciate it. I hope you're right about the JSS. 

My profile is set to "only show to Upwork users logged in." I didn't realize that meant that forum users couldn't see it. My apologies--that makes my post hard to answer. 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Your Rising Talent status was removed either because you now qualify for getting a Job Success Score or one of the requirements for maintaining this status is no longer fulfilled. I believe it's the first reason but you'll be able to confirm on Sunday after 12pm UTC time.

~ Vladimir
Upwork