🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
Prajakta B Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hi Community, 

How do I know if I am eligible for Rising Talent Badge? Someone suggested that I should get this quickly. But I am unware of how to get it and what are the eligibility criteria. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Prajakta,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Oluwagbenga,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

- Pradeep
Afkaar T Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I have a question regarding the Rising Talent Badge. I believe I meet all the requirements to earn it, but my Upwork profile shows "Earn Rising Talent" as disabled and not active.

Here’s a bit more about my Upwork profile status:

• Total Contracts: 5 (4 completed, 1 active)
  • Hourly Jobs: 2 completed, 1 currently active
  • Fixed Price Jobs: 3 completed
  • Total Hours Worked: 15 hr

Can anyone provide guidance on how I can achieve the Rising Talent badge despite my stats? Are there specific criteria I might be missing?

Thank you for your help!

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Afkaar,

I am sorry to learn that your Rising Talent badge has been removed. If you still qualify for the Rising Talent status, you might see that badge back on your account in 48 hours! You may lose your Rising Talent badge for a few reasons, and you can learn more about them here

~Ivy

I understand, and I appreciate the clarification. I am relatively new to Upwork, having created my account in May 2019. Six months ago, I set my Upwork profile to public.

I am actively working on Upwork, dedicating up to 15 hours daily to tasks such as profile creation and optimization, finding work, writing proposals, cataloging projects, building my reputation, managing connects, and improving client communication. I consistently update my profile, skills, and approach based on client feedback and changing market demands, which requires a dedicated effort.

Please find attached my profile stats for your review.

Rising Talent Badge

Rayalain B Community Member

I'm feeling quite disappointed lately. I've noticed some freelancers being awarded the Rising Talent badge, even though they have less work history and client satisfaction than me. I've been actively working towards this badge but still haven't received it.

At one point, my Job Success Score (JSS) was 90%, but it dropped to 75% after I had to cancel a contract. The client was unclear about what she wanted and didn't provide enough information, making it difficult to complete the project successfully. Since then, I've been working hard to improve my JSS, but despite my efforts, I'm still waiting for the Rising Talent badge.

I would appreciate any advice or insights from those who have been through a similar situation.

Thank you!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rayalain,

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members