🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Same darn spam posts - Upwork does nothing
Page options
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Same darn spam posts - Upwork does nothing

There is a tremendous increase in the same job posts being posted over and over again, with a slightly adjusted title every once in a while. It has gotten so bad that the entire first page of a search is taken over by them. 

Either:

• A. Upwork is unresponsive to this and does not seem to care, which makes me really wonder about whether they about freelancers.
  • B. Are complict in 'encouraging' this in order to get more people to part with their connects. Regardless, this is the worst it has been for me in over a decade on the platform (when it was Elance).

Upwork moderators, do something about this type of behavior and make sure that you do not lose good people over this. 

joostdoevelaar_0-1715756589562.png

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Joost, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I assure you that I shared your report with our team so that they can look into this further and take appropriate actions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

I appreciate the comment, so far it does not appear to do much of anything.

Can you keep us updated here what if anything might happen? 

joostdoevelaar_0-1715847869867.png

I'd also argue the team is either not very succesfull or has no idea what it is doing right now. 

Alternatively, Upwork finds this acceptable - but then at least tell us. 

joostdoevelaar_0-1715920929077.png

spectralua
Community Member

I think that Option B.

crart
Community Member

Yep, I think the same.

But can also be simple incompetency of "upwork safety team" or whatever fancy name they have. Just a bunch of bots I assume since they never remove flagged posts.

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

joostdoevelaar_0-1715945546205.png

Flagging them as SPAM also does not seem to help the team find these. 

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Apparently this is not being addressed 

joostdoevelaar_0-1716362052842.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members