🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam Jobs on Upwork - Please Read This - On *...
Page options
0bb944b0
Community Member

Scam Jobs on Upwork - Please Read This - On **Edited** Company

Hello all,

My name is Derrick Croswell, and I am a freelancer on Upwork.  I want to post this because I care about people that are looking for work online (just like myself).  You can check me out on LinkedIn (it should be on my profile); if not, just message me and I can give you that.

But - I have been a victim of online scams before; and it sucks because no "authority" is going to do anything to help you. So an ounce of prevention cures a pound of pain.

This company called **Edited for Community Guidelines** Company that posts jobs on this site is a scam company.  They posted a job on January 18th, 2023 (which I applied to) - and the job was canceled, and the post was removed for being a scam.  

Now I'm blogging this today because this same company just texted me offering me an interview.  They did not do this through Upwork - they texted me directly (which is against Upwork's policy).  

The POC's name is Mr. **Edited for Community Guidelines** (which sounds fake), and the phone number that was listed was **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Please - DO NOT talk to these people and report them as well.

Hopefully this post will help somebody out, and in turn just help others out as well.  Thank you all for your time and take care.

-Derrick

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Derrick,

Thank you for reporting this. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members