🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer alert "**Edited for community guideli...
Page options
fd0ccad7
Community Member

Scammer alert "**Edited for community guidelines**"

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about a new scammer on Upwork. I was offered a job earlier without having spoken to this person. He refused to talk or answer any questions about the project, instead, insisted that everything is in this mysterious project will be explained in a zip file that he emailed from a gmail account. When I asked if he could prove he has any association with

**Edited for community guidelines**which he says he was recruiting a facebook ads manager for he went silent. Looked up his profile and looks like he joined upwork just yesterday and has already posted 99 jobs. I've already reported him, hopefully mods will look into his activity and remove him. But just in case you are here looking him up know that you're not alone and despite how tempted you might be please do not download whatever files he sent you. The username is "

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All, 

You can help keep Upwork secure for you and everyone you work with on the platform. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we urge you to report it.

We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously, and every report goes directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation. We want Upwork to be your home for work, and your security here is our top priority.

encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JoanneP

Hi Farbod,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that our team can investigate this and take appropriate actions. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e601f610
Community Member

I received the same offer. When he messaged me that there is a password in the file, I know that it is a scam and I did not open the file he sent. Please block the user named Lucky Sit. 

aguadoenrique
Community Member

I just received the same offer. No previous contact from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please review. I will remove the offer.

43aaa457
Community Member

I also just received the offer. It seemed spammy so I was doing a little digging and searching before accepting and found this thread. Guessing now its fake...

e601f610
Community Member

I received the same offer. When he messaged me that there is a password in the file, I know that it is a scam and I did not open the file he sent. Please block the user named **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi All, 

You can help keep Upwork secure for you and everyone you work with on the platform. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we urge you to report it.

We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously, and every report goes directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation. We want Upwork to be your home for work, and your security here is our top priority.

encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Ok this is happening to me in real time thanks for posting this warning I have him in messenger asking me to send my email ...

I've been flagging suspicious editing/proofreading postings (wording slightly changed each time) for about two months and have called support several times. They tell me they're looking at the flagged posts, but it seems nothing can be done to stop scammers from creating bogus accounts. Today alone, I must have flagged about ten postings. This issue appears to be worsening, and I'm becoming more and more frustrated. How about introducing stricter client vetting procedures or video identity confirmation?

a01f986f
Community Member

Hey, it happened to me also and i downloaded file as i did not know about it because i am new here but i scanned with my pro antivirus it was and empty file after that i told them and they said me that it is corrupted file and we will contact you after fixing this. After that i got many same offers and understood it is scam but can you please tell me is my information stealing or my pc hacked etc? i really did not know how to deal with this thing but now i understood that they are scammers. Hoping the best solution from you please help me out. Thank you.

liamholmes
Community Member

I just got the same offer. No job description - just an offer

digitaljasim
Community Member

I just got the same offer. No job description - just an offer. The client's name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

chaudhrytehseen
Community Member

I have just got two offers almost at the same time, with same display pic that has LAYALE written in it.

Same to me i got the offer yesterday

e76c95de
Community Member

Thank you and I was approached by the same guy(**Edited for Community Guidelines**) with the same details.

The moment he told me that look into a zip file without asking any questions about my work I knew this was a scam.

Please be aware 🙂

35859f74
Community Member

Thanks for topic!
If I accept the offer and push button start doing smth with 20$ per hour, will the scam pay to me?)))
I got two same offers from different accounts) 

I don't think that's a good idea 

1814cc04
Community Member

Sadly today its 11 and that same person is still scamming people 💔💔💔 sending a link from layale fashions a lot of people are still complaining about this on Facebook community 💔💔

mob86
Community Member

Also got a promotion from **Edited for Community Guidelines**, already accepted and was expecting further clarifications when I noticed a foul play and decided to check on here. Had to end the contract. Thanks so much for this

m_polazhynets
Community Member

I also received a similar offer. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2715dbf5
Community Member

I have just got an offer from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and he sent a zip file in my inbox which requires a password to open

d2506184
Community Member

Hey everyone, even I received the same offer, looks like he is try to scam top rated talent on upwork. Thanks for the heads up OP.

nimmo
Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I refused the offer after reading complains here. They have change their name to **Edited for Community Guidelines** using**Edited for Community Guidelines** logo.

fdb866e8
Community Member

I am new to Upwork but this seems to me like a very big problem. I have just this week received 3 fake offers from 3 different profiles - all claiming to be from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. They send large .exe files that is probably ransomware or some other **bleep**. What will Upwork do to prevent these scammers from keep doing this ? Shouldnt you have a screening proces or a VAT approval system of some sort ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members