🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammer companies on Upwork
Page options
b6341ca8
Community Member

Scammer companies on Upwork

Hi guys, I am new to the forums, but I need to ask and see if you shared the same experiences. Recently I encounter scamer companies who pose as clients on Upwork. What really buggs me is that we spend so many connect trying to classify as a legitamet choice by companies and Upwork does nothing to verify their background. Not only do they posses personal information that is not hold by GDPR standsrts when we submit our CVs but they ask to go to their platform domains such as **Edited for Community Guidelines** and others and ask for free work. Upwork now made replaying to an invite for interview to ask for connect for you to be able to send a proposal, that seems unfair to all since no quality check is made for the employers that collect personal data and scam with free work. This is a market place, i UNDERSTAND THAT, but we as freelancers are heavily punished when we do not follow the code of conduct while wasting our connects to outbid eachother, just to find that its another scam.....

Now this just seem unfair. What do you think? I flag such companies immiditly just to see them create 4 more accounts like that using the same job post. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1bb4f72d
Community Member

Hello Venera,

I wish that there were more legitament postings on Upwork. Sometimes, I am wasting time and money (connects) to apply for jobs when all I want to do is work. Sometimes, this discourages me to apply for jobs. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
1bb4f72d
Community Member

Hello Venera,

I wish that there were more legitament postings on Upwork. Sometimes, I am wasting time and money (connects) to apply for jobs when all I want to do is work. Sometimes, this discourages me to apply for jobs. 

That's what i am saying, Upwork should have some kind of protection from such fake companies or do a check out before they can spam 10 times with one and the same fake job post from 3-4 accounts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members