🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammers are attacking on Upwork
Page options
ak4117358
Community Member

Scammers are attacking on Upwork

Hello, 

Recently I bid on some projects and got a reply and suddenly the client said to me " do you want to sell your account". I really shocked.

I am bidding by investing my precious time and in return, I am getting fake responses and a waste of connections that I would not return and making us hopeless. 

Please Its a request to Upwork that makes it more secure for all freelancers. 

Thanks  

7 REPLIES 7
roberty1y
Community Member

Someone offering to buy your account? That's just a routine occurrence here. It's vital to ensure nobody gets access to your account, which is why Upwork should do something about how easy it is to see freelancers' usernames. 

That has been an issue on Upwork for years 

4695e8e3
Community Member

Upwork didn't advocate or give a **bleep** about freelancers they don't verify their clients 

Exactly, and this why there are at least three of those copytyping telegram contact scams in the job feed. All unverified, fresh accounts, with no history. 

NikolaS

Hi Arun,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. Please know that it is against Upwork TOS to share or "rent" an account. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client you are referring to? If possible please share a screenshot of the request to sell the account.

I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Additionally, you may want to check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Trying to chase these scamsters through Upwork support is a waste of time anyway, they create new and new accounts all the time, they don't care at all about being banned.

Thanks for the reply Nikola. I will send you all details when I will on my pc. 

I understand all TOS and always keep in mind all that when working on Upwork. But one other thing is that we are losing our connects and confidence in applying to new jobs. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members