🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scams
Page options
Caroline F Community Member

Scams

Currently have the same scam job posted in my feed sixteen times in the past 2 hours. Similar pattern all week. Why is this allowed? Why doesn't Upwork doing anything about this? 

10 REPLIES 10
Clark S Community Member

Upwork will tell you that they are working hard to address the situation around scam and spam jobs, and that they are dealing with a higher-than-usual volumes of scam posts. I think they are trying, but I also believe they are overwhelmed and can't catch most of them.

Iftikhar A Community Member

Please be kind for checking the scam jobs, Thanks

I guess I'm feeling really frustrated because I had them terminate a contract that I had already started working on claiming it violated terms of service, and I don't believe it did. And then I see all these very obvious violations that just get posted over and over and over. You'd think if I can catch them they could too? I don't get it. 

Ze Eduardo P Community Member

Because it's not in their best (financial) interest to do anything about it.

Roxanne S Community Member

Same here Caroline - at least 50% of the work that I've sent proposals for have been removed. 

I'm new to this platform so I'm not sure how to identify scam posts - aside from the inflated rates. 

Maria T Community Member

Roxanne S Community Member

Thanks Maria

Right, and they expect us to know. I had a contract terminated that I already started working on. I don't believe there was anything wrong with that job. 

Radia L Community Member

If you're curious you can tell us about the job and we'll see if there's really nothing wrong with it or not.

Iftikhar A Community Member

yes, this is happening repeatedly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members