Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a P.S. note to Job Proposal

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
Pamela-anne K Member Since: Mar 16, 2014
1 of 19

Hi I just sent in a proposal, it was one that the client requested that you add the word or words that they give you to add to the proposal to make sure that you have read the whole proposal.  Well I did read it all, however, I pushed the send button to soon as I forgot to add the words to the proposal--I then tried reapplying but setting it up as a p.s. tring to explain the error I had made.  Well that didn't work as it was not sent to the possible future client as it showed me that I had applied for that job already.  So I was hoping there was some way that I could send a message to explain the error of my ways so to speak.  I hate when I accidentally press the wrong buttons--and can't find a way to take two on the procedure!  I guess it really does not make me look to good in forgetting to put the words in before pressing the button!  Does anyone know of a way to add or send a part two to a proposal if need be?

thanks for any advice,

pamela-anneSmiley Happy

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 19

pamela-anne, your only alternative is to withdrawal the proposal then submit another proposal, which will cost you 2 additional connects.

View solution in original post

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
3 of 19

Hi John I want to first thank you so much for your response, I guess with this case I must pay for my mistakes with two extra connects!  Learning can be painful especially when you have to shell out your precious connects!

thanks John have a good day!Smiley Wink

mfmaxwell
Community Leader
Fernanda M Member Since: Apr 10, 2016
4 of 19

Hi Pamela, in the future when you have these kinds of oops, try hitting the "Propose Different terms button".

That will allow you to change the message

Cheers!

Fernanda

eocampos
Eliseo O Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
5 of 19

@Fernanda M wrote:

Hi Pamela, in the future when you have these kinds of oops, try hitting the "Propose Different terms button".

That will allow you to change the message

Cheers!

Fernanda

I'm afraid you actually can't edit nor add messages when proposing different terms. 

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
6 of 19

Thanks Elliso for your response to my question, it seems that John has the best answer in that we must withdraw our original proposal and spend an extra two connects to do so.  Learning can be costly!

Thanks for your contribution have a great day

Spoiler
Spoiler
Thumbs up!
pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
7 of 19

Thanks Fernanda for your reply to my message I loved getting suggestions from everyone it really helps sort things out!

Have a great day!Smiley Wink

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 19

It's best to write your proposals in your own text edit program - this allows you to make sure all your ducks are in a row. Then copy and paste to the site.

This is also helpful for the many times Upwork decides to go sideways.

"Propose different terms" only allows you to change the dollar amount ... that's it.

pamela-anne
Ace Contributor
9 of 19

Hi Virginia thanks for your suggestion I will actually use this in future when applying for jobs it certainly will save me precious time.  John had the suggestion that we needed to withdraw our proposal and send in a new one spending a few connects to do so.  As I have been saying it can get costly when it comes to learning, but it is certainly worth it in the end. 

Thanks again Virginia for your contribution, have a great day!Smiley Happy

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 19

Hi Pamela-Anne,

I can confirm that the process John posted is the only way to amend the previously sent proposal. Freelancers can submit only one proposal per job and can't edit it once it's sent. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS