🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sending irrelevant files by Upwork
Page options
olena_gk
Community Member

Sending irrelevant files by Upwork

Hi!
I have a client who is learning a language and I am doing some adaptations for him. Can I give him a link to another site I have a subscription to so that he could choose books he might need and I will download and send them to him by Upwork?

I receive nothing from it, just want to help him with his studies. 

So will it be a violation of the rules?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Olena K wrote:

Now he will choose the books he needs, I will download them using my subscription on that site and need to send them to him by Upwork. Is that ok? The site follows copyright laws.

Yes, that's fine as long as it's fine with the site you're downloading them from.

And once you have a contract with a client, you can communicate however and whereever you want anyway.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
goldenmerc
Community Member

If the contract has started, it's fine. If not, then don't

Ross J wrote:

If the contract has started, it's fine. If not, then don't

That only applies if the link she sends contains any contact information, through which the client can contact HER. Just sending a link to a site with books (obviously) doesn't violate any rules at all, even before a contract starts.

olena_gk
Community Member

Hi!
Thanks to both of you for your answers.
Now he will choose the books he needs, I will download them using my subscription on that site and need to send them to him by Upwork. Is that ok? The site follows copyright laws.

Best regards,
Olena
petra_r
Community Member

edited - silly double post gremlin strikes again.

petra_r
Community Member

Olena K wrote:

Yes, that's fine as long as it's fine with the site you're downloading them from.

And once you have a contract with a client, you can communicate however and whereever you want anyway.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members