cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing website url

Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
11 of 31

I got one more question for clarification, upwork ask me (if I have) for website url of 'company' so then?

If I put there means its again direct contact link! but you also ask for companies to put the website url if they have!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 31

I believe you are referring to agency profiles, Gajendra. Yes, websites are allowed for agencies via the url field. Technically, you shouldn't be pointing to a site where your contact information is then provided. I realize that isn't straightforward given you're probably pointing to a company site that is specifically set up for this purpose, so our team is taking a closer look at this field and whether or not it's something that should be shown on the profile page.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
13 of 31

yes, I am pointing at company site! and off course you have to accept that a company registered at any city of world will not be solely depend on freelancing! and so they can't have website without contact information! obvioudly they want people to contact them with any means through socials sites or adwords! and so they need to put contact information! 

so technically an individual may make a protfolio website may be free like from wix.com, but a company can't!  since there is a url option, we will put the url of company and that will have contact info! it this is conflicting your policy, then you have to suggest us better option! 

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
14 of 31

I've just been responding to another freelancer community post and noticed that a freelancer had an 'Associated With' company name displayed. I clicked on the company name to open the Upwork company profile page - to my astonishment I see there is the company web address displayed - I visited the company website on which there are contact details!

What's to stop unscrupulous freelancers bypassing Upwork and contacting the company direct?

I thought it was not allowed to have contact details accessible via a profile page.

Am I mistaken?

Community Leader
15 of 31
Md A Member Since: Jan 16, 2017
16 of 31

Thanks, Valeria.

Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
17 of 31

Hi Valeria,
Hi Lena,

Am I missing something Ladies? Are there any changes in the policy?

As far as I remember (or as far as I understood) it was "NO contact details" in the cover letters. Contact details can be shared when prospective client will make an initial contact a.k.a will invite for interview.

We had whole discussions in some threads here since these problems with Upwork emailing to allow to add contact details in the cover letter as a temporary solution. 

Here is the link when I was suggesting that

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Not-Getting-Message-Notifications/td-p/79609/page/3  (somhere in the middle of that page)

So, could you tell me please can I put my direct contact info into the Cover Letter?

Or I'm not understading something corretly?

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 31

Hi Tamaz,

There were changes in our Policies a couple of months ago that allowed freelancers to provide their contact information when they apply. It is still not allowed to share contact details on freelancers' profiles.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
19 of 31

I just want to be clear.

In my cover letter when I apply to a job I can say visit my website www.JS.com and tell people to visit my website and look at my portfolio and contact me through the contact form on the website?

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
20 of 31

Nice to know you moved to Pakistan (the link...lol....). Of course, it wasn't hard to figure out.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS