🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » So many jobs are just contact details out of ...
Page options
hydra2016
Community Member

So many jobs are just contact details out of Upwork

Hi all, 

It has been one or two weeks now that the jobs posted in some categories are just plain contact details for people outside of upwork, telegram, whatsapp, email addresses. 
I have flagged a few, but there are so many!  What is happening? 

Does Upwork take these guys out, or just ignore them? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Loots of other freelancers have noticed this as well and have been reporting them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Loots of other freelancers have noticed this as well and have been reporting them.

lucyrgay
Community Member

I've noticed it too and have been flagging them, but as you say there are so many of them and I don't really think it's our job!

pgregory_indigo
Community Member

Also noticed, it's actually making the feeds unusable for me, I'm spending more time flagging spam/scam posts than I am looking at actual jobs, and as a result I am missing possible real work, really frustrating.

Upwork really need to stop adding new features to the platform, like groups and consultations, and start fixing the things that are already there.

739aa14c
Community Member

All I seem to do all day is flag pages of those kinds of jobs... I'm giving up with even looking at Upwork now as waste of my time.

axellanzinni
Community Member

they are doing nothing i flagged 5 yesterday in the morning and by the end of the afternoon the same posts was there. if you post on your profile your personal data for contact outsite upwork they automatically ban your account. but thats only for the people here with real verify accounts. but they allow all kind of people to create ramdoms false profile and post scams and fake jobs.   

It does seem that by the time they get around to removing flagged posts the damge has already been done.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members