🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Some contracts were not ended by the clients
Page options
shielamaygt
Community Member

Some contracts were not ended by the clients

Hi. I have several contracts which are not ended by the clients. Can I request Upwork to end them for me? I can't end them myself as it will affect my job score. 

7 REPLIES 7
ddc44ddf
Community Member

Can you help me Please 

Hi Marfira,

We are here to help! Please share more information about your concern; we'll gladly help you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, Joanne. I've been with Upwork since 2016. Some of the projects I have contracted with were paused during the pandemic. And I can't contact the clients anymore. And as you've mentioned, I wasn't able to end the contracts as it will affect my JSS. That's why I'm finding a way how to end those contracts. 

Yes I usually see that if freelancers end contract that affect jss...I appreciate support affords but whatever support say everytime like, it will not affect but yes it's affect I am not one who face it I asked many (mostly top rated and top rated plus) and they face same..that is how Upwork algorithm works

Khushbu, I would like to take a moment to correct you here and help clarify Sheila's question. Closing idle contracts alone doesn't impact your JSS; what can affect your score is the outcome of those contracts. Note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If they do not provide feedback on the contract, it will not impact your score. You can read more about how the JSS is calculated here

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Oh Thank you so much for clarify 😊👍 might possible client give feedback like that which affect jss 

JoanneP

Hi Shiela May,

You and the client both have access to end a contract. Though, ideally, the client ends the contract to ensure that you receive feedback since this is part of the process, you can also initiate this step if the client fails to do so. Please know that this should not affect your JSS unless the client leaves negative feedback. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members