🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious client
Page options
Alex P Community Member

Suspicious client

961 jobs posted. 21% hire rate. What is going on here?? 

(I've applied for this project twice now, under two different postings, and now I've seen it's up for a third time) 

19a9b0d6_0-1720037084790.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Natasha P Community Member

I cannot see any suspicious signs about this Client. Their reputation is somewhat good, and they have the budget listed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Stuart H Community Member

It's probably an agency that spams out job posts in various categories. 

But with over 100k spent on Upwork, i don't think they're suspicious, though I'd probably avoid them with that hire rate. 

Natasha P Community Member

I cannot see any suspicious signs about this Client. Their reputation is somewhat good, and they have the budget listed. 

Alex P Community Member

I guess you're right. It's just annoying that they've been spamming that same job several times, and they're still creating new posts for that same job. It just means freelancers are wasting their connects to apply to them, until they figure out they should be ignoring the job posts. (I think I spent over 60 connects on them.)

Mykola A Community Member

Upwork happy with such clients. Them help to take 60 commects only from you. 😸

Zulqarnain A Community Member

If this client is not legitimate, they may be an agency that charges for fake feedback to boost rankings. I understand your frustration with these types of scams, as they disrupt the business environment and often leave you questioning whether to apply for certain jobs. It is crucial to raise these concerns in the Upwork forum, where they can be addressed collectively by the freelancer community and brought to Upwork's attention. This helps ensure that Upwork takes appropriate action to mitigate such issues.

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)
Alex P Community Member

Thanks, I've reported them now as it doesn't feel right for them to continuously post the same job over and over, while freelancers are spending their Connects on it. Almost a thousands job postings with a 21% hire rate is pretty ridiculous. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members