🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Switch Proposal From Hourly to Fixed-Rate
Page options
r-mori
Community Member

Switch Proposal From Hourly to Fixed-Rate

Hi,
I am a freelancer and I need to update a proposal from hourly to a fixed-rate. This is a potential client that I have not worked with before. We've held an interview and calls. It's my first proposal to them and it's not agreed on yet. How can I do switch the proposal type? If this isn't possible, how can I proceed in the most seamless way for the client?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebekah,

Once the client sends you an offer,  you can negotiate the terms they proposed. Also, you should be able to change proposal terms

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
r-mori
Community Member

Thank you so much!
r-mori
Community Member

I have submitted a proposal and have not yet been hired. The client and I negotiated different terms, and they have given me a verbal "yes". I need to change the submitted proposal from hourly-rate to fixed-rate to reflect the new terms. How do I do that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebekah,

While it's not possible to change the proposal from hourly to fixed-price, you can negotiate this with the client and if you both agree on switching the type of the job, the client can select fixed-price instead of hourly when creating and sending a job offer to you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
r-mori
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

Thank you for helping me out. I'm a bit confused though. The client has said "yes" to working with me. Are you saying that the client has to send me an offer that I update?

I followed the directions that were hyperlinked, but I don't see "Active Candidacies." Under Active Proposal I can only change the hourly rate; I can't change the type to a fixed rate with milestones. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members