🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Switched to Fixed price
Page options
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Switched to Fixed price

After an interview, the client and I agreed to switch a contract to fixed price. Which she did, but she didn't enter all the milestones we talked about (she only entered the first one). I now have it to accept or declne. When the client went back to enter them, she can't. How can we get those entered? Do I need to decline, and she can resend a new contract? Do I accept, and can I enter them after I accept? 

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

You don't have to decline the offer. You can just send it back to her and ask her to revise it. She will retract her offer, and then she can redo it and send it again.

joansands
Community Member

Some of my clients enter one milestone at a time. You can do your client's first milestone, she can pay you for that and she can then enter a second milestone, and so on.

richard_wein
Community Member

David S M wrote:

After an interview, the client and I agreed to switch a contract to fixed price. Which she did, but she didn't enter all the milestones we talked about (she only entered the first one). I now have it to accept or declne. When the client went back to enter them, she can't. How can we get those entered? Do I need to decline, and she can resend a new contract? Do I accept, and can I enter them after I accept? 

After accepting the job you can propose new milestones yourself. I've only ever proposed one at a time, but I think you can do a bunch of them at once. All the client then has to do is accept them.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

You can accept the contract, and then just opt to add/edit the future milestones. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members