🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax Identification Number for french auto ent...
Page options
34e9f366
Community Member

Tax Identification Number for french auto entrepreneur

Hi there,

So I have two questions. I'm in the process of having the Urssaf auto entrepreneur done. I have my Siret/siren number.

On upwork/settings/tax information/W-8BEN-E :

- should I put Federal Tax Classification :  Individual, or corporation? My guess is corporation

- Then what is my Tax identification Number? If I put Individual, I guess this is the personnal "numéro fiscal de référence"?

What is it if I chose instead corporation?

Thanks a lot; I'm completely lost

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Jean- Philippe,

To complete the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you’ll need to complete three cards in the Tax Information section of your settings. You can follow these steps for W-8BEN-E as an individual, corporation, or partnership:

1. Go to Settings > Tax Information > W-8BEN
  2. Confirm that you are a non-U.S. taxpayer
  3. Enter your legal name
  4. Select your federal tax classification from the drop-down box
  5. Enter your date of birth and country of citizenship if you are filing as an individual or your country of incorporation if you are filing as a corporation or partnership

Your Tax Identification Number is the number you use for reporting taxes in your country and may be referred to by a different name, such as a PAN number in India, for example. Some countries may also use a National ID number.

Please read this help article for more information.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 
could you please give us a more detailed answer that could be of help for this particular issue? 
I am facing the exact same dilemma as Jean Philippe B: I have an auto-entrepreneur status in France and I am hesitant about how to fill the Federal Tax Classification part...

Thanks in advance!

Hi Milena,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulty completing your Tax Information. You need to select the Federal Tax Classification based on how you operate on Upwork. However, I can see that you've filled out that section and your Tax Information has been completed as well. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay, 

The problem is that we don't know which Federal Tax Classification we operate on Upwork! We are registered under a French status called "auto-entrepreneur" or "micro-entrepreneur" (same thing). We have a specific regime for freelancers and liberal professions. However, we cannot know what Upwork expects from us... Do you have any detailed explanation to provide like Milena requested?

Regards, 

Julie

fhue
Community Member

Hello JP,
Sorry, I don't have any answer for you and I'm just following the topic as the status of "auto entrepreneur" in France is a kind of "personal/individual company". So I have the same hesitation as you when I fill the form: individual or corporation(?)
Did you get any answer?
Thanks!

988c07f5
Community Member

Hi all, I have the auto-entrepreneur status in France too and wondering if anyone knows how the new EU regulation called DAC7 that collects and reports tax information to the government works and if we need to do anything special at URSSAF. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members